HISTORY IN ALL ITS GLORY

The only historic building in Savannah located Georgia is the Wormsloe Historic Site. It is Georgia’s oldest plantation. This place dates back to the 18th century and its still one of the most beautiful places to visited both for its scenic and antique value. Wormsloe Historic Site also known as Wormsloe plantation is run by the government department of natural resources. This plantation was owned by Noble Jones who originally came to this site with General James Oglethorpe in 1773. Noble Jones house called the house of tabby was built of sand, lime, water and oyster shells. The ruins of the house can still be seen in the spot.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: